Rhonda Deniston comments tonight on KUSI
San Diegans for Secure Borders Coalition
Updated: April 1, 2013
Spokesman: Rob Luton, Immigration Policy Analyst, 858-414-6229, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spokesman: Peter Nunez, Board Member, Center for Immigration Studies, 619-297-9957
San Diegans for Secure Borders is a diverse, non-partisan coalition of grass roots civic and activist groups in the San Diego area working hard to make our region a better and safer place to live, work, and thrive. We support strong border security along with our ports and coastline, as well as the full enforcement of our federal immigration laws to protect the U.S. and our citizens from foreign threats.
Mission: To push Congress to draft and pass true immigration reform that solves the illegal immigration problem, prevents future illegal immigration, and restores the integrity of our generous system of traditional, legal immigration. Legal immigrants who work hard and play by the rules deserve nothing less than a safe and secure America.
No amnesty. Secure our border and enforce our immigration laws first
Here are the stone cold facts from fairus.org (Just in California)
A message from the Organizer of SDTP
Some people think the president and his people have been able to marginalize and slander the Tea Party so badly that we have become irrelevant. The real question is:
Has he discouraged the good folks in local Tea Parties enough to cause us to give up?
The only thing necessary for this tyrannical, dishonest, slanderous man (Obama) to achieve his goal of regaining Congress and full control of our great country is convincing YOU it’s over, that there is nothing you can do, that you should shut up and sit down. If that happens, it IS over.
Some people view the election results as proof we’ve been wrong all along. Could this be true? Let look at a few facts:
1) If America has really evolved into a progressive country, then the Democrats would never have received the “shellacking” they got in the 2010 election.
2) Our country’s decisions will never be any better than the information used to make them. False information will lead to bad decisions and even worse consequences every time. The information the people were fed from Obama and the media was professional spin at its best. Romney and company didn’t do much to correct it either.
3) Let’s say our candidate had been a trendy minority with the intellect of Gingrich, the “In-your-face” of Trump, the business experience of Romney, and the moral compass of Bachman or Santorum. Then run that person against a boring Progressive like Ralph Nader and see what you get.
It still wouldn’t define the electorate’s core fundamental Beliefs. To gain the vote of today’s low information electorate you need to do the “Hollywood Dance” and “spin” better than the other guy; substance, sadly, means less these days.
In Obama we see the perfect candidate. His “Cool Factor” meant he could go to the “View”, “Late Night”, “Pimp with a Limp” and all other fake news/media shows and weaken the blows when the “Real Reporters” asked hard, relevant questions.
His half black status shielded him from questions about his constant campaign lies, or his dirty Chicago style politics. Any hard questions had the risk of being met with the accusation of racism. This chameleon gladly lived in the bubble the media made for him….he could do no wrong!
America hasn’t made some quantum change; we still remain basically the same country that ousted the Progressive Congress in 2010. But in 2012 we were duped by professional propagandists, by a willing and eager media, and by a man and campaign team willing to wrongly slander a noble man at every turn. The president surely wasn’t re-elected because the country is better off financially, morally, spiritually, etc.
On election day I felt like that guy being run over by a tank in Tiananmen square, China, and listening to the president later that day, all my ears heard was: “Resistance is futile–you WILL be assimilated.” Trust me; I understand. I was tempted to lose hope too. However, I came to realize that our countrymen were not voting for socialism; they were voting against Romney’s killing of factory workers’ wives, putting woman in backroom alleys for abortions, and, as Biden said to Blacks, ” putting ya’ll back in chains”. I never thought people would be gullible and uninformed enough to actually believe that utterly false propaganda, but they did! To a lost soul, the allure of a Marxist utopian promise full of instant gratification, unearned riches and a false sense of freedom is all-powerful. But for those who are not morally lost and emotionally bankrupt, the promise is seen only for the lie that it is.
So…… Is it time for traditional Americans to give up?
If you have suddenly lost your sense of national sovereignty, personal responsibility, individual freedom, religious rights, fiscal sanity and the value of human life, then yes.
But I believe that the founding principles of this great country are worth fighting for. “We the People” must resist the temptation to give up and slip into despair. The country will surely wake up when the bills of socialism come due and it finds out that the tax term “Millionaire” and “Billionaire” really meant “Thousandaires.”
I know things are bad now, but realize we’ve had it much worse. During the 1776 Revolutionary War, the Patriots were in real trouble. British troops had quickly advanced through New York and New Jersey to crush the rebellion, and the Continental Army was in retreat and on the verge of disintegration. It was at that time that Thomas Paine penned “The Crisis”:
“These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: ’tis dearness only that gives everything its value.”
If those great Patriots had given up during a worse crisis than ours, America would have never been. They didn’t, and neither will we.
Everyone agrees that our current system of immigration and enforcement is not working due to many years of non-enforcement of our immigration laws and widespread abuse of our system by foreign law-breakers. Here are the common sense solutions that would solve our illegal immigration crisis and protect America’s long history of welcoming immigrants to our country and protecting them from illegal immigrants and criminal employers who cheapen their sacrifices and threaten their opportunities in their new home country.
1. Secure the Borders – Give the Border Patrol and Customs (CBP) what they need to secure our borders, ports of entry, and our coastlines. This includes secure fencing wherever practicable, sensors, cameras, and personnel to prevent illegal entry by smugglers and illegal aliens. We must finally obtain full operational control over the entire southern border, not just a few segments of it. We must stop the mass flow of unknown foreigners, criminals, illicit contraband and drugs.
2. Enforce all federal immigration laws. Give ICE the personnel, resources, and authority to enforce all of our nation’s immigration laws aggressively and effectively, especially against employers of illegal workers and those who illegally give financial and other public aid to illegal aliens (except emergency services). No public benefits or welfare to illegal aliens. Aiding and abetting an alien is still a felony crime. Penalize law-breaking sanctuary cities that defy federal laws. All magnets must be turned off to prevent or reduce future illegal immigration.
- Find and expel all visa overstays and others who abuse our legal immigration system for criminal gain.
- Strengthen the Secure Communities program so that every criminal alien arrested by local law enforcement is detained and deported by ICE, after any jail/prison sentence for their crimes.
3. Mandatory E-Verify for all Employers. E-Verify is already mandatory for all federal government agencies and contractors because it is accurate and effective in preventing illegal hiring of illegal aliens and other unauthorized workers. It is also mandatory in several states and has been very effective in turning off the “jobs magnet” in those states.
4. Reduce Annual Legal Immigration numbers to reasonable levels that our country and our workforce can absorb. According to experts, our nation can safely accept and assimilate approximately 250,000 – 500,000 new immigrants per year, depending on the current unemployment rate. Unemployed American workers should never have to compete with new immigrants for scarce jobs in times of high unemployment. Currently the U.S. allows in 1.1 million legal immigrants and nearly one million illegal immigrants per year. The results of this extremely high number of newcomers have been a disaster to our economy, our workforce, and our federal, state, and local government budgets.
5. End Birthright Citizenship. Babies born to foreigner visitors and illegal aliens on U.S. soil should not be automatic U.S. citizens; they are citizens of their parents’ home country. Close this this long-abused “anchor baby” loophole to protect American citizens and legal immigrants. The U.S. is the only large industrialized country on Earth that still gives free birthright citizenship to foreign babies. All other countries have ended the archaic and insane practice of rewarding illegal aliens with free citizenship for their offspring, making them instantly eligible for taxpayer-funded benefits. The oft-quoted 14th Amendment was intended for the newborn children of freed African slaves only, not the millions of illegal aliens having children in our country. Congress can issue a clarification to eliminate this major cause of illegal immigration at any time and should take action in 2013 to fix this problem once and for all. Newborn babies must have at least one parent with U.S. citizenship to be given automatic U.S. citizenship.
6. Fix and enforce our Guest Worker System. There are numerous guest worker programs for agriculture and businesses to bring in temporary workers to meet their workforce needs where there are not enough American workers available, but the programs are not being used because they are not enforced by the Federal Government. We must ensure that all agriculture and businesses are using vetted, legal, temporary foreign workers only and that the guest workers go home when their period of employment is over.
7. Only after all of the above steps and measures (tangible triggers) have been implemented and deemed fully effective in preventing future illegal immigration by Congress and impartial entities, should there be legalization of any illegal aliens, on a case by case basis, after paying appropriate penalties and all back taxes if they choose to come forth and apply for legal status. No illegal alien with any misdemeanor or felony convictions will ever be eligible for any legalization; they must leave the U.S. immediately or face penalties and deportation when caught.
- This legalization would contain no “pathway to citizenship”; only the ability to live and work here as a Green Card holder and under all the requirements of the Green Card. If citizenship is desired, they must return to their home country and apply and wait their turn, just like anyone else would have to do.
No more mass amnesties/legalizations that undermine U.S. national security and the rule of law.
Strong, but humane attrition through enforcement is the only proven solution to illegal immigration in the U.S. and around the world.
—————- End ————–
We have many thoughts as to what images, faces, and ideas would welcome New Citizens to the Republican Party.
If we can’t fix this one, we can’t fix anything. Let’s work it out, together.
Nancy Eisenhart, CFRW Southern Division president